I have now also updated the page at open-empire.org/#learn so that it points to this blog, the associated RSS feed, and also to a wiki subdomain that I haven’t yet installed, but which will be at wiki.open-empire.org. Continue reading “Update March 11, 2017 #2 – Learn page updated”
I’m just putting some final touches on one of the main pages from the root domain open-empire.org/#about after having mostly finished modifying the CSS styling – you might need to refresh your browser to see the new styling – from the template I started with … so keen to get feedback on this page before I move on to the next one … I’m still in the middle of modifying the “history” section down the bottom, but most of the page is done.
Continue reading “Update: March 11, 2017 – About page almost complete”
OK … there’s still a lot more to do, but here’s how things stand:
- The old Open Empire blog pages and articles have been imported into blog.open-empire.org
- The root domain open-empire.org has a link to the blog via the Learn menu
- I have rearranged a little of the look, feel, and functionality of the WordPress blog, but most of it is still just the same content at present
My website is about to switch hosts very soon, and in that process I’m going to give it a bit of a makeover.
Please bear with me, the site may go offline for a day or so over the next couple of weeks, and as web-design & development has not been my thing before, I’m having to teach myself everything as I go along.
Just thought I’d write a quick post about my goals for this year.
This is a very succinct and simple post to answer one question, which may or may not have gone through the minds of some readers …
“why won’t I publish all the details of my work over the past few decades?”
The answer to which is simple, and comes in 2 parts:
I’ve had my articles read by people from around 100 countries or so, but the limitation of course is English only … so I would like to talk to anyone who would be willing to help translate the pages & articles into other languages, and anyone who understands how to best offer multiple languages via WordPress.com hosting (or failing that, can help redevelop the site on its own server using the full installation of WordPress).
Hi all … very briefly:
- I’m sick with viral fever, headache, body ache, chest cough & phlegm … I’d describe the phlegm in detail but I really don’t think you’d want to know … point is, I’m holed up in bed, trying to stay warm, and seriously frustrated and bored … so I guess I’ve been pushing myself too hard for my condition;
- My laptop died (again), after I got it hobbling again last time I thought I might be in the clear, but right now I’m too sick to do anything about it, my head hurts all the time (especially when I cough) … so fuck it, I’m in bed doing what I can on mobile device with one finger typing;
- I’ve sold my rowing machine for money (since I couldn’t use it any more without undue risk due to spinal damage), and that money is all spent on flights and taxis to help care for a sick then injured dog whom I love very dearly & who lost his original human dad, so we’ve bonded very closely … and with my car having died early last year, I no longer have any major assets remaining that are sufficiently functional to sell off for cash …
I’m currently taking a hiatus for a few reasons:
- Lack of finance;
- Writing my first book & screenplay;
- Caring for a dog fresh out of surgery and critical care.
So there’s nothing new to report.
Where I last left it, I had the following completed:
I thought I’d just publish a general update, and do these periodically (this being the first):
- Crowdfunding has helped take a small amount of pressure off my shoulders, much appreciated;
- This has allowed me to reduce my general stress slightly, and to get a couple of minor things;
- The upside is that with reduced stress I’ve been able to focus a little better;
- However I’m still in much greater need, so I’m considering a change of strategy (doing some digital publishing).